Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013

Kerry Barrett: The Fighting Grandmother - by MMACorner

Originaltext:

It’s a saying that realtors and retailers will often use in droves. And it’s also the catchcry by which Kerry Barrett lives her life. Now that she is pushing the age of 40, she finds herself, after seven years of martial arts training, ready to take a good run at the world’s fastest growing sport.
“I started training on my 33rd birthday,” she revealed in an exclusive interview with The MMA Corner. “I decided to treat myself to a martial arts program so that I could try and lose weight. When I joined up, I was 114 kilograms [251 pounds], so my main goal was to cut down. Once I started training though, I was hooked.”
Competitive sport had always been in Barrett’s nature, even before her mission to lose weight. She competed in numerous sports and excelled in them, so an attempt to excel in MMA was just natural progression for her.

More

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen