Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013

-EXCLUSIVE- SEAN MAGHAMI TALKS DREAM TOURNAMENTS: DREAM, VISION, AND CHAMPION

Originaltext:

I first heard of  Dream Tournaments after some training partners competed in their first BJJ Tournament. They were so happy to avoid the many plagues and troubles that they heard in other BJJ Tournaments. I would like to thank Sean for the opportunity for doing this interview with your busy schedule in tournament preparation.
BJJ Rants: How did you find BJJ?
SM: I started BJJ while I was in college after watching PRIDE. I was immediately drawn to the aggression and strength of fighters and believed that my own life could use some of those qualities in my own life.
...

BJJ Rants: What makes Dream Jiu Jitsu different from some tournaments such as IBJJF, NAGA, etc.?
SM:Dream Tournaments guarantee 3 matches. They are perfect for anyone who needs more experience, at any level. Vision Tournaments will award all 1st place winners a scholarship to compete anywhere they want. So if they want to compete in the Mundials, we’ll pay the entry fee for them. They earned it! Champion Tournaments are for the advanced competitors who have worked hard and probably don’t need another medal. In the Champion format, all winners receive nice money prizes!


BJJ Rants: Where do you see Dream Jiu Jitsu in the next five years?
SM:I’m trying to see it in the next few months haha. Off the top of my head, I would like to hold enough women’s tournaments to create world champions in the bigger events. There are so many incredible women I’ve met who train so passionately, California has a deep pool of talent. If just one of them became a black belt world champion and someone asked her how she became so good, it would be awesome if she said that she got most of her matches from Dream.


Dream Women’s BJJ Event

http://bjjrants.com/2013/06/12/exclusive-sean-maghami-talks-dream-tournaments-dream-vision-and-champion/

BJJ Rants: Can you share some of the events your hosting.
SM:I’m organizing a Dream event in North Hollywood on June 15, a Champion event on July 6 in Laguna Hills, and the first Vision event for women on July 28. It will all be up on the website www.dreamjiujitsu.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen